torsdag 2 februari 2012

Favoritcitat från Dash & Lily's!

För några veckor sedan hyllade Elin Dash och Lilys utmaningsbok (Dash and Lily's Book of Dares) och efter att själv ha läst den kan jag inte annat än hålla med Elin om hur underbar den är. Här är fem av mina favoritcitat (Nr.5 är så himla konstig och rolig) :

 1.I was attempting to write the story of my life. It wasn’t so much about plot. It was much more about character.

2.But isn’t this a dance? Isn’t all of this a dance? Isn’t that what we do with words? Isn’t that what we do when we talk, when we spar, when we make plans or leave it to chance? Some of it’s choreographed. Some of the steps have been done for ages. And the rest – the rest is spontaneous. The rest has to be decided on the floor, in the moment, before the music ends.
 
3.“Cinderella was such a dork. She left behind her glass slipper at the ball and then went right back to her stepmonster’s house. It seems to me she should have worn the glass slipper always, to make herself easier to find. I always hoped that after the prince found Cinderella and they rode away in their magnificent carriage, after a few miles she turned to him and said, “Could you drop me off down the road, please? Now that I’ve finally escaped my life if horrific abuse, I’d like to see something of the world, you know? Maybe backpack across Europe or Asia? I’ll catch back up with you later, Prince, once I’ve found my own way. Thanks for finding me though! Super-sweet of you. And you can keep the slippers. They’ll probably cause bunions if I keep wearing ‘em
 
4.“I’ve always resented Hermione, because I wanted to be her so badly and she never seemed to appreciate as much as I thought she should that she got to be her. She got to live at Hogwarts and be friends with Harry and kiss Ron, which was supposed to happen to me.
 
5.“You were in Sweden?" Boomer asked.
"No," I said. "The trip got called off at the last minute. Because of political the unrest"
"In Sweden?" Priya seemed skeptical.
"Yeah-isn't it strange how the Times isn't covering it? Half the country's on strike because of that thing the crown prince said about Pippi Longstocking Which means no meatballs for Christmas, if you know what I mean."
"That's so sad!" Boomer said.”

2 kommentarer:

  1. Exakt de här citaten (och fler) markerade jag med post it-lappar i boken när jag läste för att sedans skriva ner. Så fina!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Jag älskar sista citatet! :D Mest för det är sverige de pratar om, men lite faktabrist för vi har ju ingen kronprins... :P

    SvaraRadera